FEELING MISUNDERSTOOD?



I have felt misunderstood, and for a large part of my life.
I could be a social person sometimes. I can get along with most people. People, who know me well, would not describe me as an introvert but I do feel I have an introverted side to me.
I think the world is too noisy, and I often struggle to understand my part in the grand scheme of life.
I have always questioned things and still spend much of my time thinking about different aspects of life, what everything means and how it all fits together.

I think a lot, and I think logically, so I find myself grappling with the meaning of life daily, which can be extremely frustrating.
Sometimes,I find it so difficult to relate with others because when I ask a simple question, some people just get all defensive. Like chill! I just want to know how you feel about something. I want to know if you are able to offer further thoughts and insights.
When you find it difficult to relate to the world around you, navigating life can be hard work. You are constantly faced with people and rules that want to keep you within the constructs of society or their own comfort zone. 
All you want to do is explore your thoughts, but you quickly learn that many people either think you are crazy or rebellious or too "deep".
What I now know is that the person you need to feel understood by is you.
Rather than looking outside of ourselves to be understood and accepted, we need to understand and accept ourselves.
Getting to know yourself allows you to embrace your true self, which over time eliminates the need to fit in.
You no longer need others to get you or relate to your way of thinking, and you learn to navigate the world respecting the fact that each person is on their own journey and relating to the world the best they can.
I think everyone questions life and their purpose at some point, even if it’s not as often as me.
And I think it’s normal. I also think it is healthy to look within to find answers that resonate rather than simply accepting what we are taught.
I believe that as long as we blindly accept what we are taught, we will always have internal conflict.
Exploring who I am will be an ongoing journey, and I now understand that although I share my life and world with thousands of other people, I no longer need to be understood by others, I just need to understand and accept myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MEET MYA K, TEEN BOSS.

2015 TRENDS I'M LOVING RIGHT NOW

MY ADDICTION - YOUTUBE.